It’s the evening after a tiring day at work. You crave for a fine meal. But you’re too tired. You just want a quick dish. Instant noodle? Nah. Your body is too good for that. You crave something cheap, quick, decent and healthy.
Then you remember. There’s this one recipe, Garlic Chilli Prawn Pasta, from Frugal Friday that will satisfy all your needs.
Cheap? It’s only $2.5/serve!
Quick? It only costs 30 mins of your life.
Decent? Judge the picture.
Healthy? It’s a low calorie dish.
You cook. You taste. Then your problems are washed away.
Garlic Chilli Prawn Pasta
500 gr Pasta
250 gr Prawn, peeled and deveined
4 chilli, chopped
5 cloved of garlic, crushed
¼ cup of parsley, chopped
1 lemon, zested and squeezed
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp chilli flake
2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
1. Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water.
2. Heat oil on a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and chilli, cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add prawn and cook for 2 min on each side until pink.
4. Add chilli flake, chilli powder (optional), salt, pepper, parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice into the pan and mix.
5. Drain pasta. Add pasta into the frying pan, stir, and cook for another minute until the prawns are cooked through.
6. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and parsley.
500 gr Pasta – $1.00
250 gr Prawn, peeled and deveined – $6.00
4 chilli, chopped – $0.40
5 cloved of garlic, crushed – $0.40
¼ cup of parsley, chopped – $1.40 for a pack of parsley
1 lemon, zested and squeezed – $0.50
Cost per serve: $2.5