Hello! How’s your new year resolution going? 😉 We wish you all a happy, healthy, and wealthy new year of 2016!
Sorry for the absence these past two weeks… Life has been busy, but wonderful. New adventures are just around the corner. We hope that Two Kitchens will continue to grow and bring the best from both world.
How about some Pasta for this Frugal Friday? Here it is our first recipe for 2016, Carbonara Pasta from R. It’s simple and only costs you $4.2/serve. Yumm!
400 gr Pasta of your choice
1 onion cut diced
250 gr bacon cut diced
200 gr peas
300 gr chicken breast cut diced
100 gr Mushroom thinly sliced
300 gr thickened cream
½ cup grated parmesan
½ cup milk
1 egg beaten
- Boil water in a pot. Cook pasta until al dente.
- On a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Brown diced bacon and set aside.
- Add brown onion and mushroom and set aside.
- Add diced chicken into pan, cook until brown.
- Add bacon, onion, mushroom, and peas. Season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add thickened cream, milk, egg, and parmesan.
- Mix and simmer over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add pasta into the sauce. Mix and serve.
400 gr Pasta of your choice – $1.00
1 onion cut diced – $0.55
250 gr bacon cut diced – $2.9
200 gr peas – $1.25
300 gr chicken breast cut diced – $4.20
100 gr Mushroom thinly sliced – $1.40
300 gr thickened cream – $1.25
½ cup grated parmesan – $1.70
½ cup milk – $1.90 (price for 1L milk)
1 egg beaten – $0.35
Costs per serve : $4.2