Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy New Year! How was your Christmas party? Did you have any special dish last Christmas? Well, we did 🙂 Recipe will be coming soon next week!
But firstly, let us travel back to our Heritage Tuesday! Today we have this Black Pepper Beef. A simple and comfort dish to have together with your family. Don’t forget to eat it with a bowl of warm white rice. Yummm!
Black Pepper Beef
700 gr beef (also works with secondary cut)
5 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp + 2 tbsp of ground pepper (or to taste)
1 tbsp + 2 tbsp of peppercorn (or to taste)
Salt (to taste)
½ red capsicum
½ green capsicum
2 tbsp of water (optional)
- Cut beef into small dices. Marinade with 5 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of sweet soy sauce (or you can replace it with sugar), and 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 tbsp of ground pepper, 1 tbsp of peppercorn, and some salt. Leave it for 30 min. In the meantime, thinly slice onion, capsicum, and carrot.
- Heat oil over medium heat, add beef and cook for 2 min until slightly brown. Add onion and cook for another min until the onion is brown.
- Add capsicum, brocoli and carrot and cook for another 3 min.
- Turn to low heat. Add 2 tbsp of peppercorn and 2 tbsp of ground black pepper. Stir and cook for another 2-5 min.
- Taste and season. Add more peppercorn and pepper if you prefer more spiciness. Otherwise, add 2 tbsp of water to reduce the spiciness.